Job Description for Council Vice-Chairperson
- Chair all meetings of the statewide independent living council (SILC) or SILC executive committee in the absence of the chairperson.
- Represent the SILC at the direction of the SILC in the absence of the chairperson.
- Assist chairperson in leading planning efforts of the SILC.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of any and all SILC-designated committees or work teams delegated by the SILC chairperson.
- Facilitate development of new independent living leaders within the state.
- Commitment to “consumer control”
- Support for equal access and equal opportunity
- Commitment to full integration of people with disabilities into all aspects of society
- Possession of honesty, integrity, and respect for the values of others
- Adherence strong, personal ethics, including maintaining confidentiality and avoiding conflict of interest or self-dealing.
- Ability to lead.
- Knowledge about centers for independent living and independent living services; and the roles of the Council and Centers for Independent Living
- Ability to represent individuals with disabilities while working with others from diverse backgrounds
- Experience actively participating in meetings
TIME PER MONTH (excluding travel time)
- Regular (Quarterly) and Special Council Meetings
- 48 Hours plus travel time and Committee/Work Group Meetings
- Reading and Preparation for Meetings